By Andrew Horton,Joanna E. Rapf
- A wide-ranging choice of 24 essays exploring movie comedy from the silent period to the present
- International in scope, the gathering embraces not only American cinema, together with local American and African American, but in addition comedian motion pictures from Europe, the center East, and Korea
- Essays discover sub-genres, performers, and cultural views similar to gender, politics, and background as well as person works
- Engages with varied strands of comedy together with slapstick, romantic, satirical and ironic
- Features unique entries from a various workforce of multidisciplinary overseas contributors
Read or Download A Companion to Film Comedy PDF
Best film & video art books
Musical accompaniment was once a tremendous characteristic of the early moviegoing adventure. the standard of a musical rating may simply make or holiday silent movies, and the songs occasionally grew to become extra well known than the movies. while, apparently, the silent cinema turned itself a huge topic in renowned tune, inspiring a flood of songs in regards to the motion pictures, the celebs and the adventure of going to the flicks.
It’s a complete new international for cinematographers, digital camera assistants, and postproduction artists. New gear, new tools, and new applied sciences must be discovered and mastered. New roles equivalent to that of the DIT (Digital Imaging Technician), electronic Loader, and information supervisor are essential to today’s movie creation procedure.
With its inspirational foreword, this booklet is a brilliant reminder to oldsters that every baby is particularly detailed, and that we have got a duty to domesticate the innate presents of our youngsters, rather than easily hoping the general public university procedure will yield a fascinating end-product in them. as a result, the purpose of the booklet is to motivate mom and dad to speculate time and effort into their young ones, in order that their little ones may well develop into convinced, well-adjusted adults, who consider that they have got presents to supply to the area.
A wide-ranging and available method of Godard’s later paintings, and an immense intervention within the examine of movie and ethics. Encounters with Godard takes the reader on a private voyage into the sensory pleasures and polyphonic rhythms of Jean-Luc Godard’s multimedia paintings because the overdue Nineteen Seventies, from his function motion pictures and video essays to his released writings, paintings books, and media performances.
- The Grey Zone of Health and Illness: Culture, Disease, and Well-Being
- British Comedy Cinema (British Popular Cinema)
- The Art of Short Form Content: From Concept to Color Correction
- Themes in Latin American Cinema: A Critical Survey
Extra resources for A Companion to Film Comedy
A Companion to Film Comedy by Andrew Horton,Joanna E. Rapf